Thursday, October 3, 2019

2nd Graders Learn to Use the Peace Path

Second graders are learning how to use the Peace Path in Life Skills class this week and next!  While we have a Peace Path painted on our playground outside, we also have large yoga mats with the Peace Path printed on them that kids can use when they're inside.  The Peace Path helps students talk through conflicts they might be having - whether it is a communication breakdown between two friends, classmates who are having trouble working on a project together, or someone having hurt feelings because of the actions of another. 
The main key to the path is using "I" statements and sharing how you feel instead of starting with "You".  I share my example of telling Mr. Flier "You never do the dishes!!" vs. "I feel frustrated when the dishes aren't done and I'd like you to help me" 😀 . They laugh of course, but it is a "real life" example of where I could use my own advice and use the Peace Path language instead!
Students made up their own scenarios and did a fantastic job going through the Peace Path!






No comments:

Post a Comment